Re: questions for people who read novels

I by my own decisions, do not read, or like the romance novels.

With that said, I really don't think that just because you're reading romance novels, there is something wrong in your life, including all the things which you described in your post.

I would like to single the escapism out here, since games, novels, anime, etc. Are all one form of escapism where you stop caring about the real life, and be with the characters.

Even board games are personally for me a escape, specially chess, playing around moving pieces, testing out various openings and defenses, I can lose hours on it.

If reading romance novels have such connotations, then I wouldn't be surprised if people thought the same things about me if I revealed that I like books with magic in among them (He has his head in the clouds!) or sci-fi.

So, in short, if you do like romance novels, go ahead and read them. Nothing is wrong with that, even though I'm sure my teenage self would disagree.