Re: AirPuck - A Multiplayer Air Hockey Game

I'm just gonna be blunt. You don't have the experience necessary to be making games like this. You need Mohamed for fixing the network code and cleaning up things you break. You also have no idea how to do this puck thing. Let's be honest here, you just don't. That's not a knock, it's complex math to get it right.

You want to offer players up two options, both of which don't work correctly. OK, I get it, you don't know how to do it right, so you're up against a wall. This should have been part of the design process though. You don't make 7/8 of a game only to realize that the 1/8 bit, which in this case is the most important bit, is not going to be right because you don't know how to code it.

You're doing what I did when I started to code, and you're neglecting parts of your education. This is bad because you're working from a weak foundation. I can't stress enough how what you're doing will just lead to more and more broken projects down the line. That said, you do know how to code, at least at some level. I would advise that you take stock and evaluate your current level of understanding - being honest with yourself - and find materials that will help you fill in the gaps.

This also translates into the size of projects that you take on. For one thing, an air hockey game probably isn't the best idea if you don't know networking code all that well. What you should have done is taken what you would consider a strong offline skillset and design a small game that brings it online. Even if only you and your friends play it, it still provides educational value.

At any rate, I doubt that I'll be playing this as it doesn't interest me all that much. With no audio effects like HRTF and the sound design being barely adequate, plus all the things that don't work right, I think I'll pass. Maybe people will continue to play this, I don't know, but I'd expect to see a sharp decline once the novelty wears off if you're not willing to put the time and effort in to make the puck work as you'd expect.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Deathstar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mastodont via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Shiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Shiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : burak via Audiogames-reflector