Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the birthday messages. I’ll answer the couple of questions below:

@Chrisnorman, I didn’t take your post as ‘arsey’, you even said in their that you thought Sable looked brilliant, so no offence taken. Regarding pricing , security, distribution etc, its just too early to say.  From the very outset of the Sable announcement ,  I’ve tried to be as open as possible and tried to answer every question which has come in, but one thing I’ve tried to be clear on is that I want to focus on the here and now, what Sable can currently do, rather than what it might do. even if I know something will almost definitely make it into sable, until it’s there I want to avoid over promising, since often in development things change and plans have to change with them. The same applies for pricing, release dates etc, even though I have a pretty solid idea of future pricing strategies and models, until these things are concrete I want to avoid over committing or promising ourselves., I’ve seen developers over the years  come and go, very sadly I’ve also seen developers leave the community simply down to over promising, so it’s something I want to avoid doing at all costs. Once we are closer to releasing Sable we’ll be sure to share these finer details on Sable, but at this stage remember it’s still only in Alpha, once we’ve released Crimson Eclipse and have a more polished and complete beta of Sable ready, then we will be  in a better place to begin discussing the plans for Sable, but at the moment though as mentioned our focus is shifting over to our first game title Crimson Eclipse!
@Bryan P, I’m pleased you got my Tolken reference, I absolutely love your alteration to the ending ‘and in the market bind them’ hahaha

            Paul Lemm
Ebon Sky Studios
email: i...@ebonskystudios.com
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ebonskystudios/
Twitter: @ebonskystudios

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Shiro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : toto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pates via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Dragons via Audiogames-reflector