Re: Conquest: another complex mud with crafting

My issue with combat isn't that I want automation, actually the manual combat is really cool, it's that a lot of tactics come from watching your opponents' energy, since they will attack when it is full. So the choice seems to be either to just use defences as soon as you can and risk getting hit a lot, or config the prompt to display your opponent's energy, so you can see when it's filling up and get an idea when to defend, which unfortunately makes combat rather more spammy and means responding to other messages, EG when your opponent is defending is more difficult.

i don't think combat itself needs major changes given that most of the actual messages are quite short and easy to respond to on their own without the prompt, however it would be nice if there were some indications of what was going on. So either some messages just before your opponent attacks, EG "insert name winds up," to give you attacking room, or, if this sounds as if it'd make combat too easy, some indications displayed at certain increments for your opponent, For example, "ready" at full energy, "stable" at three quarters, "flagging" at half, "tired" at a quarter and "halted" at zero, since that way you wouldn't be seeing them all the time, but would get an idea when your opponent was recovering energy and when they were likely to attack.

Ironically, I didn't find tracking my own energy or attacking as difficult, since usually I just had to wait until my opponent finished defending, which was much easier without the prompt since then I'd hear the messages in time, and if I didn't have the energy, I'd just have to wait, it was playing defensively that seemed to be harder.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : liseo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hollis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Garr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hollis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : annellin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : hollis via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vazbol via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector