Re: Why do people still use bgt?

@38
As far as I know, you can't actually process credit cards yourself, end of story.  If you know of a way, however, I'm interested.

@40
As others have said this has basically been done.

@44
Sighted people can't tell the difference between crappy HRTF and good HRTF for the most part, and most don't wear headphones.  Everyone realized that at once.  It's actually making a comeback in things like the Oculus, though, where it's valuable from a broad market forces perspective.

Java audio sucks because Java isn't for games.  Never has been, never will be.  It gets used there anyway and even works reasonably, but Oracle isn't going "I know, let's support game programmers" and never has.

I've heard that the reason that audio got killed in Vista is that the drivers for it were running in kernel mode, nd half the sound cards had unstable drivers, and it was doing stupid stuff like blue screening servers.  But that's only from the rumor mill and I don't know how true it is, though I would certainly believe it.

Mind you, the one thing that does get forgotten--frequently even by me--is that the old 3D audio solutions were a $300 card that you had to buy, so there is also that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector