Re: Audio dramas - Any suggestions?

Well I agree on the cybermen digenerating slightly in the 70's, although i did like the depiction of planet Telos in attack of the cybermen and the idea that the cybermen basically wiped out the planet's actual inhabitants to knick their criogenic technology. I will say the  bf audios have gone a long way to restoring the Cybermen, especially in spare parts which showed their creation, not to mention real time when you get to see cybermen from the end of time, and when they are definitely not! just robots.

For the new series of Dr. who well I liked the initial introduction of the cybermen in the alternate universe, their easthetic as massive clomping steeel robots was genuinely scary, and at that point the cybermen emotion weakness hadn't been used to remove all menace from them, the episode "cyberwoman" from torchwood also gave a great idea of what the cyberman mindset was, though I do agree compared to the Daleks they're just not in the s ame league.

As with most new who though, the cybermen pretty much went streight down the tubes when the mopht took over, turning into just another space empire of robots, also the defeated by emotion has been used so dam much these days it seems all you need to do to defeat the cybermen is start crying big_smile. Then again with the moph what do you expect?

Regarding the Borg, the Borg in next gen are fantastic I will agree. They're unstoppable, alienn and relentless. Unfortunately voyager and the first contact film just turned them into complete and utter wusses, I also didn't personally like the idea of the Borg queen sinse I much preferd the alien idea that they literally were just a collective organism and needed no single leader.

7 of 9 also, ---- nanoprobes? for god's sake!  half the plots in the later episodes of voyager turned into deus ex n anomachina! I honestly wondered why the borg hadn't conquered the hole galaxy if their nanopprobes could be made to pretty much resolve any plot. Then again much as I liked the idea of 7 as a character she just didn't seem to work in most of the plots she was in, and the hole borg war thing with species 8972 just seemed a wasted opportunity, sinse the borg as dodgy allies would've been much more interesting than the borg as fairly easily defeatable enemies.

So, like anything it seems these depend on quality of writer, albeit I do still think the Borg are a bit blatant in terms of cyber ripoffs, though as I said I do think they worked in next gen, heck anything that can give captain Picard nightmares has to be bad :d.