Re: Audio dramas - Any suggestions?

Well Dark Abomination I will admit I remember seeing first contact at the cinema when it originally came out and seeing the Borg queen with Data was quite freaky, however watching the film again now I am rather underwelmed by her as I said.

Voyager I thought had some interesting potential as a series, and I was sort of interested up until season 3, albeit I didn't like the fact that basically other than the vedegan (the race with the plague), and species 84722, all of the races we ran into in the gamma quadrent weren't all that different to what we've seen before. There were thKason who were just generic nasty alien klingon knockoffs and were kicked from the lineup as soon as they were beginning to get some interesting backstory, and the Herojen who ----- mmmmm, hunt things! and not a lot else.

It was a shame sinse there were glimmers of interesting plots, the Doctor, Chakotay and his lady friend who wound up being a cardassian (why the hell didn' t they keep her around), the maquis thing, but unfrotunately they all got stomped on in favour of just having janeway's ego dominate. Actually I did hear that the actress who played Janeway sort of took over the writing and being an obsessive feminist of the "kill all men" variety refused to include plots for male characters and tried to push what she thought of as "more female power plots" which unfortunately usually meant 7 doing something whacky with nanoprobes or Jameway bitching at the crew.

I will say out of all the captains in the trek series I've seen (which is everyting bar enterprise), janeway is my least favourite. It's a shame I would've loved to see a really commanding and awsome female captain who was a genuinely strong leader in the bad situation Voyager ended up in, unfortunately we ended up with janeway who always came across far more like over baring mother in law than captain of a starship, and has moments that are do wn right creepy!

That section where they find the crazy holodeck Irish village, and Janeway has a thing for the in keeper? i really get chills when she turns round to Paris and says "delete the wifee!" big_smile.

Actually jameway would've been a much more scary borg queen than the real borg queen (and her voice is already robotic enough), :d.