Re: depressed from blindness again

that's one thing I've always wondered. Why blind people including myself have self control issues with rocking, picking fingernails, among other things? I've often entertained the idea that being blind from birth could possibly cause other mental conditions such as OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder, ptsd, post-traumatic-stress syndrome and maybe others? After all, a lot of us whether we are 18 or 50, don't have jobs and live like retired people with nothing to do but its worse for us because at least the retired people can see, and drive, and go places and do what they want when they want. o&m and braille and screen readers and descriptive video and audio books and stuff are good and help a lot, but they are no replacement for sight.