Re: Some weird JAWS problems, any tips?

@nidza07
The fact that you are taking only one rout (contacting FS) in fixing the issue is a perfect example of what I mean.
You keep accusing people of not reading your posts, but you apparently didn't read all the suggestions for other ways to get their attention with public pressure, attack their revenue sources, or circumvent them completely and go for resellers in my own post.

@Rich_Beardsley
How do you think that software got good in the first place? Coders and testers need to eat too you know, and OCR, DRM, and voices aren't free, neither is running a website, phone support, licensing servers, producing podcasts and training materials, advertising, or traveling to conventions or to make demonstrations of your product to companies who are interested in it.

The US government wasn't paying for screen reader development so capitalism filled in the gaps.  Now you want a successful business to just give it's products away for free and go bankrupt, resulting in job losses for the staff and all that hard work gone?  Or do you think that they could suddenly transition to a donation based model and leave all their existing contracts behind.  Please think before saying such ridiculous things, or at least give some good reasons for why you think what you do and how this could actually work in the real world.  Ignorant and self centered comments like yours are part of the reason why companies dismiss us so easily.

Unless someone comes up with another actually good counter argument, I'm done here.  I've already helped to derail the topic more than I should have, and now it's just going in circles anyway.  I've laid out my points and defended them to those who disagreed with me now, so as far as I'm concerned I have nothing to say that hasn't been said already, and people will just have to make up their own minds about it.