Re: Sad to read this

Kjsisco, colour-blindness is not a viable option. Boiling it down to "well we've all dealt with problem x" is silly. I've never been the target of racism before, and unless I go to a country where people of colour are the dominant class, I doubt I ever will. Sure, we've all had hardships, but to use this excuse as a way to stop singling out the problems is, in essence, saying that those problems don't exist. Let's just say I'm glad you have no say in how anything meaningful is run. You don't get over systemic racism by pretending it doesn't exist; you just don't. That also goes for sexism, classism, ableism, the whole nine yards.

I confess that in the disability scenario explained by Turtlepower, I don't think I'd have gotten much out of it either. I see what the teacher was trying to do, but it seems a bit...misguided, I suppose. I still say that brown-eyes blue-eyes experiment sheds a lot of light on how this was done effectively, with race rather than disability, but it still worked.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Munawar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector