Re: Blind Quest 2 - The Frost Demon Now Available

Well, if this gets released on android, I will at the least add it to my wishlist and purchase it if nothing else takes priority and I have money to spare. I am interested to know what happens next.

I think that voice acting is fine for narration, but given how disjointed the menu instructions were, it might just be better to use a voice synthesizer for that portion, similarly to how a blind legend did. As for padding out the gameplay for more playtime, adding more optional side quests and more characters with interesting story arcs would help. Adding additional optional challenges such as a maze or similar puzzle that rewards you with a weapon advantage, or some kind of opgional tournament to do on the side would help. Adding discoverable achievements and collectibles would also help. These were all things that I feel could have been added or expanded on within the first game without sacrificing the simplicity of the gameplay.

What might also help is a jesture to see how many potions you have left, or some kind of stat tracker where you could get an idea of how much damage you deal,, how much defense you have, and how far you have towards the next level. Although the leveling system did make this feel like an rpg, I have to confess that another appeal of the genre for me is watching the numbers grow as I make progress, and that was largely lacking in the first game. Finally, leveling also felt less impactfyl because my skillset never increased as I grew stronger, which is what made combat repetitive. Even in the lone wolf books, you gained more skills to use in and out of combat as you progressed through each book. I think that new skills could be assigned to quick directional button inputs, or multidirectional swipes of increasing length depending on the difficulty of the learned skills.