Re: Any tips for dealing with lonelyness?

I would agree with others that it gets much better at university, however once you finish university it gets worse again, because that's when those few people you've met who are in your interest/interlect bracket move on to do things like procreate and once more forget you exist, and since most adults (at least in the UK), prefer to think blind people don't exist by default, your pretty much back where you started.

Bare in mind here, I am speaking as someone who at one point ran the philosophy society, organised major events and was a part of the community, someone whose done stage productions and even been in the Guinness book of records.
I have taught myself the art of conversation, I don't engage in blindisms, I know what being accepted looks like, the plane fact is, it just doesn't happen very much.

My lady is convinced this is England, she said things were better in other parts of Europe, and I did notice at least the ice breaking part, and getting people to actually recognise I am the same species was a little less difficult when I was  in the states, albeit the options for conversation were far more limited.

And all of this of course long before social distancing and covid, indeed, the sort of frightening part about social distancing for my lady and I is that it really has made very little difference to us, given that, unlike apparently most people, we do not find the idea of going into crowded, noisy spaces and imbibing neurotoxins, whilst either yelling incoherently or jiggling around in an uncoordinated fashion to be a worthwhile method of recreation.

So I'm afraid at the moment my best advice on loneliness is, get used to it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : datajake1999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : raven via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wing of eternity via Audiogames-reflector