Re: A long time coming --- Manamon copyright infringement report

Guys. guys guys I'm reporting Digimon to the DMCA as well because they ripped off the entire concept of the Pokemon animes, how dare they! My second cousin's parent's friend's sister-in-law was an extra in the Pokemon anime and she has backed me up on this, and the prince of Nigeria has a $1000000 reward coming my way through Moneygram if my report results in Digimon's successful downfall! What? I'll report it to the higher ups is a canned response you say? Where's your proof! You didn't speak to them! You're not as #outraged about this as I am, therefore you are part of the problem! Digimon is #canceled! Like and rt! Twitter, do your thing!

Ok, all satire aside,
LordLundin: Do you actually feel your righteous rage is legitimate? Were you ever a beta tester for Gamefreak? Did you fight this hard to make Pokemon Go #accessible?

Hey, don't all answer at once.

Ok, thought not. So other than attention, what do you intend to gain from this? I hope it isn't reputation, because you've probably just lost it. I am not saying I am going to be the one engineering its downfall, but you literally have no leg to stand on here.
One cannot copyright a concept or idea. One can copyright names, character design, locations, and assets. But not an idea. Ok, so is Alien Outback, Dark Destroyer, Space Encounter, and everything else on the chopping block as well for perhaps not directly namechecking Space Invaders in the documentation, on their website, and on their shopping cart?
I very much doubt the person who you spoke with is actually going to report it to the higher ups. Goodness knows it's probably a canned response, as it is with most companies. Even if it does get forwarded to the higher ups, they aren't going to act on impulse, and it is probably going to be shoved in a file folder somewhere never to be pulled out again.
All Manamon lifted was the concept and perhaps some tropes, but that's about it. Go look up tv tropes in your favorite shows, they're everywhere. Cool your jets.