Re: What do you think about the Corona virus conspiracy theories?

Yeah, that actually looks pretty solid. It looks like the Philippines were definitely overreaching a bit. I doubt either side is entirely without blame, but territorial incursion, while common, isn't just going to go uncontested either.

Also, to the post before that:
While I agree that being well outside of a country means that you can't possibly know everything that goes on inside it - especially if the country is known for secrecy - unfortunately there are too many stories to completely ignore, many of which come directly from people who lived there and have personal experience.
China has done a lot of pretty amazing stuff over the years - roads and manufacturing and stuff are among some of its greatest accomplishments, and there are others - so there is definitely benefit to the way things are run. Also, the fact that things can be done quickly in China is definitely a plus.
However, there's no denying the way that totalitarianism is used. Why else are Chinese citizens forbidden from accessing certain websites? Why else are there "re-education camps", of the sort mentioned previously? Why else would there be a means of restricting travel, wealth and status which can be arbitrarily controlled by the government, which you cannot rise up and overthrow in any meaningful fashion? It's all kind of just a little bit too dangerous and secretive and dictatorial for my taste.
Generally speaking, two core beliefs inform my stance on politics:
1. Tell the whole truth, and let citizens figure out how much of it they can handle
2. Say what you want, but accept the realistic consequences for it
If people could abide by both those rules, I am certain that the world would be a better place.
Unfortunately, my experience tells me that China selectively ignores both of these ideas. Truths are selectively doctored or straight-up not included in history and education, in the name of further propaganda. And if you say or do the wrong thing, bad things can happen to you, far in excess of what would be the case in, say, the United States. Look at how angrily and thoroughly I have trashed Donald Trump, and wished something bad would happen to him. I have never made any threats on the man himself, nor would I, but I've made my stance very, very clear. My bet is - and correct me if I'm wrong on this - if I lived in China, and I was caught making the same sort of remarks, I could be fined, imprisoned or even killed. Is this correct? The truth, please. If you are Chinese and have an inside view, I would appreciate an honest perspective on this, and I'll be quick to apologize if there's anything that I've misunderstood.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector