Re: did you ever read the books of tania grotter?

Sound a bit loopy to me. I'm probably a bit too much of a potter fan to appreciate these as anymore than a parody, though they might be fun for that.

Some of the harry potter related jokes in Brandon Sanderson's alkatraz vs series were hilarious. I loved the bit where his grandfather sends him home to appologise to his foster parents, then turns up an hour later to take him off and said "what you thought I'd leave you there all summer, in a place where all your enemies know exactly where you are with people you don't even like? bit contrived isn't it?" big_smile.

I'd actually recommend the alkatraz vs books.  supposedly aimed at kids but I found them a great take off of hp and other famous books, also who can't like a series where the hero is trying to defeat an evil world wide conspiracy of magical librarians! ---- yes, l ibrarians!

I also loved the bit where you met that most terrible and dreaded librarian "she who cannot be named!", actually turned out the reason for this is not that everyone is too scared of her name, or that saying her name summons her attention, but just that nobody could actually pronounce her name.

Strangely enough though there was a good story under this, and the actual plot wasn't an hp parody, no magic schools, no magic sports, ---- though lots of interesting things like magical spectacles that gave people different powers with different types of lenses, and the Smedry family with very weerd magical tallents all involving something very unfortunate which tunrs out to be a bennifit, --- like Alkatraz counsen australia who wakes up very uggly each morning, ---- aka, if she goes to sleep she can wak up with someone else's appearence.

I also liked Quentin Smedry who's alwaysgetting lost, ---- getting lost so much he can just randomly ttravel by teleportation to different places.