Re: did you ever read the books of tania grotter?

Well as I don't speak russian it probably wouldn't help, plus to be honest it sounds like they're a bit too much of an htake off p to appeal to someone like me who is a big fan of the actual series.

Indeed if your a harry potter fan I'd personally recommend other authors who do books in a similar area but with different plot and elements such as Diana Wynne Jones Chrestomancy series or the Alkatraz books as I mentioned.

heck I even thought the Percy Jackson books by Rick Rioden were a bit too blatantly potter influenced, though they didn't just effectively take the same idea and change the names and gender of a few characters etc like it sounds like this russian author did.