Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Here's the deal. If "china virus" and "china plague" had never encouraged folks to show racism, then fine. It's harmless too. Pick your name and run with it.
But we know that isn't true. People obviously can't be trusted to use a geographically identifying name without becoming racist. This isn't about snowflakes being triggered. This is about some idiots ruining it for the rest of you.
Obviously I can't stop any one of you who wants to use one term over another, but I stand by what I said. If you use that term, you're potentially enabling others to leap on it. You're doing your very small share of normalizing a name that is being misused by some people. And anyone in a position of power - Donald Trump, say? - who uses that term? Well, Trump has a responsibility to be responsible for what he says and how he says it, so he has even less excuse than the rest of you.

Again, the onus is on you to tell me why "coronavirus" or "covid-19" are bad to use. What's wrong with those terms? What's innately harmful in those terms? How do they fail or come up short?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector