Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

As I expected, Trump has left the hospital, is back home, and claiming he feels well. Check this out:

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news … thout-mask

So not only is he apparently fine after three days in the hospital, he's talking about being back at a debate next week. And hey, maybe he'll reach that. But his own doctor has been caught lying several times, so who can believe anything anymore?

Also, a fact check. In Trumplandia, you should treat Covid-19 like you treat the flu, but a little digging suggests that, while Covid-19 has killed over 210000 people in the space of eight and a half months, the flu kills between 12000-61000 people annually. I dunno about you, but even if you took the highest possible number, that means Covid-19 is still over three times more lethal than the flu. Also? How dare a rich white man with the best possible medical care and supreme advantages in almost every aspect of his life lecture any American about how to deal with the virus.

That part I can live with though. It's typical Trump, I expected no better. I was hoping that maybe a brush with real illness would actually scare him; my worst fear was that he would come out of the hospital shaken but still determined to win, with a more moderate message. "It took me getting this virus to fully understand how scary it is. Call that what you want, but I'm sorry. I should've taken it more seriously. But now that I've seen it right up close, I'm committed to stepping up our response and protecting the American people". And you know what? That might have worked even if he did nothing of the sort, because at least then Trump is acknowledging that this virus doesn't care who you are. It's a tacit way of admitting wrongdoing and promising help without actually -doing anything. But he just stuck to his typical rhetoric. Good. Let him. Hopefully it sinks him.

No, the part I'm really upset with is where he got back from the hospital, took off his mask at the first opportunity, and posed for a photo.
The mask isn't to protect you, Mr. Trump. The mask is to protect everybody else so that you don't potentially kill them. I'm hoping Americans get that message loud and clear. A man who literally just got out of the hospital, a man who has been given steroids and experimental medicine at a time and in a manner that most Americans will never come close to, a man who needed supplemental oxygen at least twice in a two-day period because his OSAT stats dropped into the high 80s (which is potentially life-threatening, btw), a man whose incompetence is responsible in large part for over two hundred thousand deaths, a man who knows that many of his staff have also tested positive, took off his mask on camera as a sign of strength. That's not strength. It's fucking lunacy.

And Ironcross and Accman and whoever else, you really and truly think this guy is better than Biden? Are you kidding me? You really think this sort of behaviour is what Americans need in a pandemic, when the alternative is a quiet, status-quo centrist? I am kind of wondering what you think Biden and co. will do which will threaten two hundred thousand lives a year, or what you think they'll do which will show such contempt for the American people. Maybe you think they'll dodge hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes. Maybe you think they'll support white supremacy. Maybe you think they'll abuse women, mock members of the military, mock people with disabilities, deny knowing "problematic people" even when it's clear they do know them. Maybe you think they will deny science and suggest that Americans inject bleach to keep safe from Covid-19. Maybe you think they'll claim that they're excellent businesspeople, when their entire financial strategy appears to consist of boom-or-bust tax-dodging and property after property taking enormous losses year after year. Maybe you think they'll bully anyone who doesn't agree with them. Maybe you think they will do everything they can to destabilize their own country - such as trying to claim that mail-in voting is fraudulent and dangerous, and trying to urge their followers to watch polling stations - in order to maintain their power. Maybe you think these things, even if there is zero evidence that they'd do any of it, and even if Trump has done all of it, and worse.
Or maybe you think leftists are just that fucking dangerous.
I'm not trying to change your mind. Consider this a mirror, a really, really big one, the kind that you can't look away from without being dismissed as someone who cannot stand truth and reason. If you can stare into this mirror and say, "Yup, all those things and I still think Biden's worse", then all I can do is shrug my shoulders and turn away. If after all of this you still want to support a sociopath, obviously I can't stop you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Accman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : je97 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Turkce_Rap via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector