Re: your opinion on china

I guess I'm still stuck on the question.
If there are enough people in Taiwan, and enough diversified culture, and good enough reason to recognize it as its own country, why not just bloody well do it? I don't have a satisfactory answer there.
Same goes for Hong Kong. I don't see why it can't be recognized as its own country.

When Quebec, one of the provinces of Canada, was thinking about going independent, we had a referendum to see if this was something that was wanted. Ultimately, it didn't happen, but Canada seemed willing to grant Quebec its independence if it wanted.
Looking more historically, countries like Canada and India were recognized as British colonies once upon a time, but eventually Britain realized that the country was independent enough to be its own entity, and thus recognized its independence.
I'm just not seeing why China can't do the same thing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector