Re: intro

Hi Damascena

I'm pleased you like the game database.  there is some  more stuff to add as usual, but  that is  always the way big_smile.

Regarding solitare games etc, I'd highly recommend checking out those by spoonbill, Bg  Penguin solitare etc. They are very well put  together and also have some nice low vision options as well. I can't say solitare is my thing, but i love their cribbage and whist games.

Jim kitchin's games are also good, and if you enjoy unique takes on cardgames and have access to an Ipad or Iphone, i can highly  recommend lost cities.

If I remember  rightly bejeweled is a tetris style game? there aren't too many of those yet, though  some people have had a go.

one thing to note about the db is that you can search by game enre genre, s o say if you want to look up puzzle games, rpgs or mmorpgs etc, that is the place to do it.

Regarding low vision access, well with the site being called "audiogames.net" it's devoted to games that are playable either completely by sound or by screen readers. Some have a few coloured or black and white tyles for navigation  aides, but the majority don't.

The only ones that do are either games like    the smugglers space stratogy series that are actually sighted space  stratogy games which just happen to be accessible with a screen reader, or the terraformers, which has full graphics, though these are very much the exception rather than the rule.

Sinse however I also  play games graphically, I might be able to give you some suggestions, heck i still have a snes and a gamecube here which I enjoy playing games on (I'm a big mega man and Metroid fan, though i  enjoy some puzzlers like tetris attack as well). for example go to http://www.michi.nu/  for  Archaeist and To hell with Jonny, some of the best low vision access games I've seen which have everything from speaking menues, to fully customizable graphics with contrast fixes. They are sort of  detailed action style games.
If you can sea  white on black you will find something useful in those games.

If you want any other recommendations either of audio games or some low vision ones I know your welcome to ask.

Btw, Sinse your topic is about games as well as  introducing yourself I'm moving it to the  General game discussion room. Offtopic tends to mean "anything not! about games"

Hope you have fun on the forum, any questions, feel free to ask.