Re: Earwax

@90
I would grab mdbook and put these somewhere more durable than audiogames.net articles room.  You can easily get chrisnorman7.github.io going in half an hour, mdbook is insultingly easy to use (as in there is literally no configuration and you will know all of it in under 5 minutes), then you have a manual/tutorials.

Be careful with the moo-style suspends: it's actually kind of a terrible way to code.  Maybe not if someone's new or doing something small and it has its place, but in general you get most of the difficulty of threads without having actually used threads.  Continuations being a feature of Earwax: yeah, it's great for AI.  But continuations being a flagship feature has me flinching, if that's what you're hoping to build around in general.

There should also be a lot of Python libraries that will just give you all these utility classes, if you're writing these from scratch yourself.  I used to know of some, until I became disenchanted with continuations outside of the networking I/O context.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ambro86 via Audiogames-reflector