Re: Microsoft to end support for Windows 7 in 2015

Personally, I'm one of the people who don't see that as a bad thing.

Being completely honest, I don't see what's so great about windows 7. My main computer had some problems a few days ago, so I had to switch back to windows 7 on one of my older laptops while I resolved the other system; and truth be told, I couldn't stand it. This may be more because I've gotten used to windows 8, but I could never go back to 7.
In my case, windows 8 seems to perform better in everyday tasks. It's supposed to be better at managing battery consumption, but I can't speak for that since I never really paid much attention. But when it comes to  simple tasks such as just browsing around with firefox, windows 8 is superior to seven IMHO.

Oh, don't get me started on XP. I'm not even going there.
smile