Re: Microsoft to end support for Windows 7 in 2015

I think what people are forgetting here is that XP was extended far passed its end of life cycle. The exception not the rule. All of Microsoft's prior Windows releases such as 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, Millennium, and even 2000, had relatively support cycles compared to XP. I think what happened with XP is that Microsoft managed to sell XP to the masses, and when they finally came out with Vista they were unable to sell it and had to continue on with XP until Windows 7 came out. Even then Microsoft could not get the majority of XP users to upgrade so Microsoft continued supporting it until cutting it off last spring. With Windows Vista, Windows 7, and so on Microsoft is going to cut their losses and drop support for them quickly in the hopes of making some sort of come back with Windows 9.

For the people who just switched to Windows 7 and crying fowl its a case of you snooze you loose. Some of us, myself included, switched years ago, and now the hardware in those com puters are beginning to need upgrades anyway. So we can upgrade to Windows 9 and probably invest in new hardware at the same time knowing we got a good five or six years out of our Windows 7 boxes. For those of you just switching your hardware will in all likelihood be Windows 9 compatible so you are only looking at an inexpensive upgrade fee. Usually, a Windows upgrade is $80 or so, and that should be plenty cheap enough for most people on SSI or similar. I find it is completely fair, and don't feel a bit sorry for the people just now getting Windows 7 boxes when it is reaching end of life. You should have done it two, three, or four years ago, and not now. So you have no right to complain when you made the choice to hang onto your prior OS until the absolutely last minute possible.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BryanP via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : burak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Arabic two thousand via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector