Problems with the Game "the gate"

Hi all. This is Daniel from Hamburg in Germany.
I have a problem with the sidescroller game "the gate."
I have purchased the full version. That just to be mentioned.
When i play the first level, everything is just fine when it comes to running, jumping and fighting. but then, at... well, i call it the end of the level all the way to the right, there is a motor like sound and the bing bing bing of the bonus things.
There is also a change of the foodstep sound so i know, i can walk two times and then obviously i must jump over this thing. But here i fail. there is no way to go over that.
What am i doing wrong here? And no. I don't hit the right arrow rapidly after up arrow for jumping. in the manual it sais, that holding down the arrow of the wanted direction is just fine.
I apreciate your help
Sincerely
Daniel