Re: Important moderation message, please read

@KeyIsFull
Unfortunately, yes, the cops do take extra measures. This is for example the reason why here in the Netherlands, you aren't allowed to bring any bottles or other such containers containing chemicals/liquids with you aboard a plane unless you bought them past the security checkpoint. Most people just bring bottled water, but it's designed to prevent people who have tear gas and other such unwelcome things. It inconveniences many but it's still there, and probably for good reason.
But it's probably no good comparing this to other criminal activities, apples and oranges and such.
Just had to throw this out there even though On the whole I'm not really happy with this change though. Believe me I'm all for making it harder on here to discuss cracks also in PMs, but disabling the entire system goes a bit far. And yes I'm fully aware of the fact that this is not going to be permanent, but that does not detract from the fact tha t you're hitting a lot of people with this.
Also, I definitely think this debate is necessary because we have to find a solution to this. For example I think limiting PMs to users with a certain number of posts isn't a good way to go, especially since recently a lot of developers have popped up who have registered to the forum and one of their first posts being that they've released something.
I think the incident that led to this discussion is pretty justified, the punishment and such. The only thing I have a problem with is disabling PMs. I could give other reasons why I think this needs to be reconsidered but others have pretty much already given them, so I'll not be repetitive and just call it quits for now.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Hayden via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : themadviolinist via Audiogames-reflector