Re: dealing with procrastination

Jayde wrote:

So, let's take a bit of a dive into this.

In your post, you talk about a "lack of energy". Is this physical as well as mental? Do you have any underlying health conditions which touch on this at all? If so, are these health conditions appropriately managed? Many health conditions list fatigue as a symptom, and that means you're fighting uphill from step 1.

I don’t seem to have any underlying health conditions that could cause this. The only real condition I have is being blind and that as far as I know does not have fatigue as a symptom. It is both mental and physical Energy that I lack

Jayde wrote:

Now, apart from that, there's motivation. This is a problem for me. I have historically been a procrastinator on some stuff as well, and it's definitely gotten me into big trouble before. I made my problem worse by lying about it when confronted, but that's sort of a side point. Here are some questions I want you to ask yourself, and really give yourself a chance to answer them, for yourself if no one else:
1. When I put something off, what am I thinking when I do it? Be specific.

I don’t necessarily have a reason for putting things off. It’s just every time I try to work on some thing and I need to answer specific questions or write a paragraph on some thing my mind goes blank for 10 minutes or however long I try to work on it. I don’t know why this happens but it’s hard to get lots of things done when you literally can’t come up with what to write without one of your teachers watching over you

Jayde wrote:

2. Am I putting things off because I am afraid of them? Tired of them? Too physically exhausted to bother? Too easily distracted?

I guess it’s a combination of not being able to work without my mind going blank, lacking the energy to actually keep going as well as me getting distracted by things such as family and all that, Plus I find these essays about American literature and US history to not be that important in the long run. I’m not gonna use any of this information when I leave high school

Jayde wrote:

3. When I want to put something off, did I really want to do it in the first place

I don’t like doing all these assignments. But I know I have to and that’s why I try, I know that if I don’t do these assignments I will fail the class for this year. I am a junior in high school so I know that I definitely don’t wanna fail so I can get done with high school quicker and move on to college