Re: So if soundpacks are being cracked down on...

Most space mud sound packs use a subset of sounds I made for Miriani under the pseudonym of Corwin Muiranheim. Can I blacklist all of those sound packs, including any sound packs currently reusing them for Miriani? I have several sounds I made for Godwars 2 that were reappropriated for Alter Aeon, so that's gotta be blacklisted, too.
What I'm essentially saying is that this is an endless rabbit hole we're going down. As I've said before, as long as people aren't making a profit from the sounds they use, and provided they're not claiming ownership or creative rights or attributing themselves as the authorized redistributors of said content, and are reusing the sounds under the auspices of fan recreation, there are certain liberties that are usually granted -- in that even big ticket companies usually look the other way.
Do I like people reusing sounds I made back in 2006? Not really. It's only an issue when they claim the sounds as their own creations, as Humanity MOO tried to do when they lifted the sounds I made for Miriani. I think that should be the real problem -- none of these sound packs are properly accrediting the sources they pulled from, thereby inadvertently subsuming the sounds as their own creations.
What others have said is right, too. If we start down this rabbit hole, we're going to have to start examining every audio game. Aside from the obvious offenders, does this game break the rule? Does that? Can I still talk about QC Game Room without analyzing its sounds? What about BK3? What about insert game name?

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JaceK via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Quentin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jeffb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Tracy_20 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Xvordan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : nidza07 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Draq via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : defender via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector