Re: Developers of games with blind accessibility, how do you get feedback?

Hi liam_dev,
you found the right place.
Of course you are going to get wildly different and often contradicting feedback from different people here. Mine would be as follows:
Games should be a force of inclusion, meaning they should bridge gaps between people with different needs and abilities rather than widen those gaps. A game which is impossible to play without eyesight widens the gaps just as much as an audio-only game that sighted players will find boring, so most audio games are part of the problem rather than the solution. Islands are not problematic per se, however people should be able to choose their home islands instead of having them defined for them based on their motor, sensory or cognitive skill set. If my blindness excludes me from playing point-and-click adventures, that's not a constraint I choose by preference but one which the industry has dictated for me. If I choose not to play sports managers because I don't like them, I am generating my own scope of preferred entertainment.
In short, if I had a say in the matter, please don't try to create more islands on which blind players might feel at home---we have got those already. Instead, create experiences in which the sighted and the blind can meaningfully interact, compete, socialize and, above all, have fun.
Best,
EG