Re: Cat owners, help please?

LOL, dogs have owners, but cats have staff!
Seriously though, I'm thinking of getting a self-cleaning hooded litter box, but those things are like, SUPER expensive!
I have two kitties now, as we first adopted a grey tabby female named Tigeresa, and when she gave birth, I kept one of her kittens and named her Natural Beauty. She's partly calico.
I'd also like to know how to administer topical meds or making sure the cat's mouth is open enough to squirt liquid medicines or making sure they eat their pills, especially after a fixing surgery.
For the topical flea medicine, they want you to part the hair until the skin becomes visible, but I don't know if you have to dig with your fingers until you get to the root of the hairs and then squeeze the medicine into it.