Re: Monthly Chat October 2020

I finally got people to work on my house. Unfortunately, they've only done the outside walls. Up side, the windows don't leak anymore. Downside, there's a big hole in the roof right by the front door which I could take a shower under when it rains, and all our makeshift patches keep failing. I think I might need rig up a barrel to slide into position whenever the door is closed, so nothing by the door gets flood-damaged via mid-day torrent.

So I pondered what would happen if a genie showed up and offerred me the choice of either a computer/server with all my projects in perfect form, or a supremely compatible spouse. I'm disturbed that the correct answer seems to unambiguously be the latter. Would like an excuse to go with the former, but blah it's more selfish, less healthy, probably has less opportunity for positively effecting anyone else ... hmm still wanting an excuse to pick a big pile of games over the magical dating service.
... not that this actually happened and I've been fishing the whole internet for advice, or anything. That'd just be silly. lol hmm :$