Re: Best audio (code) library for C?

@camlorn:
I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Is there any coloration of the sound, e.g. frequency peaks? I had that issue when I started out with my dataset and it took some work to fix.

2. How well does it indicate that something is behind you? The dataset I use does have a difference, but it is not obvious enough to be useful in my opinion. It is too subtle, and it would be very hard to make snap judgements when playing something like an fps.

3. Do you have any audio samples handy?

4. Is the implementation tightly coupled to the rest of the framework, or do you think it would be practical for me to extract it and integrate it into my existing audio infrastructure based on MiniAudio?

I am happy with MiniAudio's feature set and its development so am not looking to switch to a different library at this point, but I am very much interested in leveraging the Synthizer HRTF and reverb models. Right now I use the same convolution engine from WDL for reverb and it sounds great, but is fairly limited in terms of flexibility as we both know. So I would be curious to see what advantages the Synthizer reverb model would offer in terms of quality, runtime flexibility and performance.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TextAdventurer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TextAdventurer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : philip_bennefall via Audiogames-reflector