Re: Microsoft to end support for Windows 7 in 2015

Of course, with the logic that many XP holdouts now use to hold out, you're just as well off on Vista as 7. Don't buy the hype; just switch browsers. smile

As to being stuck on Doze, the only people you're kidding is yourselves. I'm fairly good at change, and while I recognise that others are less good, and that not all change is for the better, the fact is that you're never going to know one way or another whether OS X (or Linux) is right for you until you give that platform a try. So, give it a try! smile

As for the reasons, well that's a different matter. For me, back in 2008-2009, it was development, and a command line on my desktop. I still entertain Windows on one of my main machines for some of my technical/sysadmin work that is limited by the Mac version of VMWare Fusion, but I've been glad I made the jump, because I'm really the happier for it. Similar comments apply to Linux, if you have the nerve. You simply don't have to stay where you are; you now have choices, and should be investigating those choices to suit yourself.