Re: Important moderation message, please read

Well the Legal angle isn't really the point here, particularly sinse most of the time when the law and copywrite come into play it's usually just big fat coorporations trying to maintain their monopoly through any means necessary and has gone way beyond the moral need John Swift mentioned of authors and other creative people wanting to protect their work. It is also unlikely that given how small audiogame developers are any would actually lauch a court case against the forum even if they were inclined to.

I'm more concerned with the ethics of the thing as I said than the law.

@Sebby, I don't really see how tampering with the expiration of pms would help. Jo wants a crack, Jo asks Jim, jim sends him one via pm, jo has the crack end of story. It doesn't matter if Jo deletes the pm or not, the point is Jo then has the crack and he got it via the forum.

As to tolerating missuse, well that is already necessary in the larger context as I said, however it isn't necessary on this forum as it directly goes against what this forum is for, ie, promotion of and discussion of audiogames.

I agree that while we have a pm system there is always going to be a possibility of missuse, and far more possibility of missuse than in the main forum. It is however a question of whether that possibility can be reduced to something acceptable that is what I am trying to find out.

if there isn't any software method to reduce this possibility it is then a question of whether a pm system with a rule that pms are not to be used for distributing pirated games is better than no pm system at all, and that is a matter which will need careful considderation if indeed that is the case.

@Arqmeister, thanks for understanding the point of this, far too many people seem to be leaping to the wrong conclusion or overblowing this out of proportion to what is actually going on, sinse it is not about all piracy everywh ere, whether people use E-mail to distribute pirated games or what, it's purely a matter of the pm system on this forum, ---- a pm system I might add which didn't even exist for the first six years this forum was online.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : BlackBird via Audiogames-reflector