Re: Important moderation message, please read

Well ggf, as I said I don't really think of e-mail as something the forum should be regulating, and that goes for the mail relay as well, indeed it would be relatively easy in the admin pannel to have all members' e-mail addresses visible anyway and say "just get on with it", I  leave the relay to protect people from possible spambots, but that is really the only reason, generally I assume what people do via e-mail is their business and not the forums. It's no different to say not including your own mail address on a message you send someone.

Yes, this does potentially mean cracks could be exchanged by e-mail between two forum members, but this would be no different (to return to the  coocane example),to two people from Britain going to china and one buying Coacane off the other , hay, there is probably a "lets crack games at googlegroups.com" type mailing list out there somewhere.

As I said, if you categorise pms as basica lly the same as e-mail then I'm inclined to stop pms altogether, it is the idea (supported by this discussion), that pms are essentially part of the forum that prompts me to considder some sort of restriction.

Myself I tend to think pms are a way for, ---- well private communication between forum members in a safe environment without resorting to external programs or risking privacy of information, which is why I tend to believe they have a place on the forum and thus need some regulation.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Green Gables Fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : BlackBird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : BlackBird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : BlackBird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : BlackBird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : fergregoire94 via Audiogames-reflector