Re: reflections from a former developer

I think most of it comes down to the fact that if developers don't start innovating, we're stuck in the mid 2000s while look at mainstream games. There's a huge disparity between the two. I'm guessing that's why some people are willing to spend hours upon hours learning a mainstream game and even getting hella good at it, because the lack of innovation taunts us. "Here's what you could be doing, if only you had working eyeballs. Doing heists in GTA. Performing well-executed assassinations in Hit Man. Kicking ass in Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Injustice. Cooking by the campfire in Red Dead Redemption 2. Jumping off a mountain in a hang glider in Far Cry." You get the drift, I'm sure.

It's not necessarily the fault of younger devs who are trying to put themselves on the map. If they're working hard and learning, and not using stolen code or purloined assets, they're doing the best they can. I don't think most people would have a problem with a small game as someone's first project, providing that they took the time to polish it, and sent it through a testing phase to squash preliminary bugs.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : microsoftsam203 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : microsoftsam203 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JLove via Audiogames-reflector