Re: The wheel of time and other fantasy books

@Targor, interesting, in the English version of Memory sorrow and thorn, the god is Aedon, which is pronounced like ay don, since in old English the AE made an ay sound.

I'll have to ask my lady (who lived in Germany for 17 years and is Bilingual in German), whether the different spelling changes the pronunciation.

in shadowmarch, yes, the sir name of Barrik and Briony is Eddon, which (if I remember the audiobook correctly), is pronounced like the last part of the word Armageddon, which of course is virtually what happens in Shadowmarch big_smile.

I hope you find an audio version of the Burning man kicking around somewhere, it's not %100 necessary to enjoy the story, but it's a nice nsight into things.

There is also the otherland sequel story, the happiest dead boy in the world, which appears in legends volume 2, and tells you both what Orlando and Sam get up to following the end of the grail network's control of Otherland, and how the network itself changes without the Other's influence.

I'm told that one has recently been rereleased as a stand alone novella entitled the boy detective of oz as well, though if you can get hold of both legends collections, I would recommend them as they're sort of a catalogue of the fantasy greats of the early two thousands.

No Hobb, rotthvus, Sanderson or the guy who wrote the witcher, but most of the rest are still there, Martin, Jordan, Williams, even Robert Silverberg's majipore.