Re: Pitch Black: A Detective's Demise

@PitchBlack cool that you've already experimented with having some audio indication when nearing walls. You say you've used "reflections". does that mean you reflected sound off the wall? if so although that would introduce some subtle realism , that I would imagine might not do the trick. Please Consider instead my white noise idea. I anm imagining a homogenous ocean sound, like when poring sand. alternatively, maybe muffling ambience might work.

also one thing I forgot in my last post is that I feel like the transition from normal mode to listening mode is a bit slow for my taste. Ideally, I would want to switch into it very quickly, hear my target, then come out of it and move a bit, then go back into listening to get a sense if I am going the right way. For this it the transition felt too sluggish. I would make it twice as fast. Possibly this could be toggled by a setting.