Re: Discrimination at a County Fair

Hello

Personally I would have tried to gather more information while at the park as to whether you needed a second person because of the stance of the operator or because it was a rule for that particular ride. If it were because of the stance of the operator I worry that it may have been due to a miscommunication or lack thereof between the ride operator and your mother. The ride operator may have not understood that it was blindness and thought it to be a different disability and he/she was genuinely concerned for your safety.

I hope you'll update this thread when you get a response from them; I'm curious to see how this turns out. I hope it was just a miscommunication or an already in place rule for that ride and not discrimination.

Fortunately in my personal experience I haven't had any problems with amusement parks and other places of that category. There have been times when people have expressed concern, but they are fine once I or someone e lse explains that it wouldn't be a safety risk. I've been to quite a lot of places like this so I suppose I just got lucky. Even when I went parasailing, the guys asked if I'd be okay. I said yes and just asked if they could explain what the meant about the hand positioning and leg placement. Since, if you did it wrong, you could, quite literaly be hanging by your nuts for the next fifteen-twenty minutes. The guy before me did that, and didn't come back so comfortable.

Okay, I'm getting off topic here. SOrry. But yes, please keep us updated on this.