Re: Using Sound Waves To Measure Ocean Temperature

Part of the reason I post articles on the acoustics of earthquakes is because of possible improvements for accessibility in geological science. There are a few small discussions [here] and [here] on accessibility in Geology courses, but not much else. Most of them seem to focus on textures and smell, viscosity, etc. But another approach as demonstrated with these recent articles could be the different acoustic properties of materials, which could be especially useful for field studies or seismography, in much the same way that there are blind astrophysicists like Wanda Diaz Merced.

On another interesting note, I came across an autobiography by a blind paleontologist named Geerat Vermeij titled [Privileged Hands], might be worth a read for anyone aspiring to study the earth sciences.