Re: accessibility of gears tactics and gears 5

@aaron77 I also have Gears 5 as well. Hit me up, jukesy1992 is my gamertag.
Here's some things to get you started.
Horde menu, left right menu.
Daily challenge, first option says a map name and the daily challenge. You get skill cards for your class and such, which I will discuss in a bit.
Horde Frenzee: this throws you into a match with other people, and is a shorter session, 12 waves total. Bosses every 4 waves.
Custom, the thing that me and sightless use a lotl Host public or host private are your options here.
Once in this menu, you have a sort of grid.
First option is map. You can pick if you want to do the daily challenge map, or another map, including the particular daily challenge map for the day without the challenge enabled.
Second option below map, is horde options. In here, ou have: mode, which if you press a, lets you pick between Horde and Frenzee as radio buttons.
Tap a on the radio button you'd like.
Then, the other options you have are, fill with bots, and starting wave. Fill with bots turns on whether you'd like bots to join you. If you turn this off and it's just you, you'll do a solo game.
Starting wave should be self explanatary.
Back out of there once you're done.
Next, move right. You have: characters. Now, you can pick whichever character you play as, but note that some you'll have to buy from the store either with gears coins or with a premium currancy. Gears coins are gained for free through the tour of duty, which I'll discuss in a bit, and Iron is the name of the premium currency.
Now, I'd argue the most accessible way to pick a character is to use the left and right bumpers, and it will tell you which character you are. What's good, is it won't matter what character you pick now, because, just below the character option, is, your classes. Here, if you tap lb and rb I think you change your class. Alternatively you can press a, it will say team but if you go right on this screen it will tell you what class you are. Each class has different loadouts, ultimate abilities and as a result also plays differently. However, you'll be able to pick what you want from the fabricater if you have enough power. You collect power by killing enemies. When you're done with your class, maybe check your objectives for the day, although you can do that any time, I'll discuss that now.

Next, tour of duty. In the menu (any menu), right trigger shows you your tour objectives, tour of duty is a sort of progression system whereby if you complete objectives, you gain stars. Unfortunately the narrator doesn't tell you how many you have, but if you successfully complete an objective, when quitting a game and going to the results screen, you will actually hear how many stars you've earned for the objectives you completed because the game makes a sort of shink shink type sound. If you hear a larger clunk, that's you unlocking skill cards. If you hear a thud whilst it is adding up your totals, that's a class level.
Your objectives screen will show you four objectives. Two of them, are for all modes. The third, is for versus, so not really doable for us. The fourth, is PVE (horde or escape). So you will, at the very least, be able to complete two objectives a day.
When you are ready, from the main custom screen with map and such, press x to start the match. The game will count down and then load in the map.
I'm sorry, but I must eat food, so I need to end this post here which is slightly annoying as I haven't even discussed the fabricater yet, or the gameplay.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector