Re: decent pair of headphones for a decent price

Alpha-S is a good set of cans, by all appearances. Slightly better headband, a bit more customization, and bass sliders if you're into that...but yeah. I'm not sure if it's thirty or forty bucks better than the regular HyperX Alpha, so my suggestion was not a mistake. It was deliberate. I suggested the alpha because the way they sound will be damn near identical. Honestly I'm tempted to replace my nearly worn-out HyperX Revolver S with a set of these cans. We'll see.