Re: Scarlet Shells, concept demo 1!

@defender,
So when we ran out of funding there were a couple options we could have taken.
Option 1. Make the game paid, introduce authentication tokens and servers and databases, doing a bunch of key verification checks and so on. Point being, the more that I specifically thought of to make key registration secure enough, the less convenient it would have been for players to register copies of the game.
Quite honestly, I had way, way better things to do than keep track of anti-piracy measures.
So we went with option 2, which was to set up a campaign where people could choose to support the game if they wanted to. This way, the game was still available to everyone to play and complete. Plus there's the fact that some countries (surprisingly) still don't access to paypal.
As for stretch goals, none have really come to mind. Full voiced cut scenes aren't on the priority list since it doesn't exactly feel like it'd fit in very well in a game like this.
Apart from music and sound effects, (which are pretty expensive in their own right) we were planning on taking the finished story to an editor such that it could be improved and corrected as needed. There's also voice acting for one, maybe up to 3 additional characters you will occasionally get the chance to play as.
One such example would be Alex, after her and her teammates are discovered and she and the team must fight off the soldiers. Still going over the details of that, though we're pretty clear on a vision for that specific scene.
Take care,
The Phantom Creations team.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : necrozma via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fatih via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : black_dog via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector