Re: Scarlet Shells, concept demo 1!

Hello,
First of all I want to apologize to those who have been sending emails, it appears our smtp server is having issues.
To those wondering if 1.3 does eventually end, yes, it does. You just have to survive long enough. Of course, that's way easier than it sounds...
So @assault freak, @Aaron, @BlindNinja and the cheese wheel.
One of the first things we're going to focus on after the campaign ends is stripping the combat systems down to simple punches, then rebuilding it with at least 3 possible combos.
Just trying to think of a system that would work and make sense in a game like this where your often swarmed on all sides, and you don't often have time to reload your weapon.
I really like what all star batnet did where you had A and b. I figured out that if you were running and held A then really quickly added an opposing arrow, you would jump back a few squares. I got really good at being able to charge enemies that way, though unpredictability of it was what really made it something worth trying.
Not saying that will or won't be our combo system, but that's what Lauren and I initially thought of when improving combos and the melee mechanics in general.
Since you 4 seem to have the most experience in mainstream games, I would really love to sit down with you some time in the future whenever the campaign ends to brainstorm some mechanics that would make sense and be fun and addicting in a game like this. I can already tell you (meaning everyone) that I've seen some players get immense enjoyment out of kicking enemies sending them flying halfway across the screen.
Really passionate about developing this game to it's fullest potential, within reason. At most, I think the combos will be limited to 2 buttons. Adding the arrow keys would do things, although I don't want to get into a system where you have a hole cluster of buttons to memorize. smile
That being said, all of you are more than welcome to continue leaving feedback here. Although we are putting development efforts on pause until the campaign ends, suggestions will be noted down for when the campaign ends and we can get to work.
Best,
The phantom Creations team.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : whocrazy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Lirin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : necrozma via Audiogames-reflector