numpy error on windows 2004

I was cythonizing my code, when this beautiful error came up
RuntimeError: The current Numpy installation ('c:\\users\\daniel\\documents\\python\\lib\\site-packages\\numpy\\__init__.py')
fails to pass a sanity check due to a bug in the windows runtime. See this issue for more information:
https://tinyurl.com/y3dm3h86

So unbelievably, I actually did research and looked at that link. It appears that windows 2004 has broken part of numpy for some users. I didn't find answers immediately of course, so I jumped to the most recent post on the discussion.
Someone did find a solution a few hours ago, on page 3 of that tinyurl link. The post reads as follows:
Installing prebuild numpy binary from https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#numpy worked for me.
Unbelievable that MS feels breaking Numpy-library is just OK.

I looked at the link in the post, but didn't know what to do. This is also strange, because it didn't happen on my bootcamp installation, but it does happen on this computer.