Re: muds with pets

I don't know about the differences between necro pets and standard pets, since in Alteraeon, summoning pets as a druid is not too different to building minions as a necro.

I'd be tempted myself more to distinguish games that give you permanent pet/companions which level up with you and maybe have their own equipment, and those which give you essentially disposable pet companions which only stay with you for a limited time and need to be summoned/created anew each time.

Flexible survival has both, as I remember, as does Erion.