Re: Top 5 Mud List: The Sequel

@Jason, I found Erion slow originally when I  played previously, but since crafting and massive revamps have been added, I don't find it as slow these days.

Every level on Erion will cost between 50 and 150 k xp. Killing an enemy at your level will usually get between 500 and 1000 xp plus an additional 500 or so bonus xp.
If playing on hardcore (which to be honest you can toggle on and off as you like and which usually you can leave on), every enemy will get you between 800 and 2000 xp, plus a thousand bonus xp.
And that isn't counting things like xp boosts from potions and events and so on, or activities like smelting, , gardening or leather working, which can get you as much as 38 k xp in one go.

the one area I do find Erion slow, is subclassing, since you need increasingly large amounts of xp to level each subclass, going as much as 3 million for the highest levels.
Indeed, maybe that is why standard levelling in Erion doesn't feel slow to me right now, or maybe it was just that with a less useful race/class combo, I couldn't play in hardcore as much as I can with my current character.

@Mirage, that is another difference between Erion and Aardwolf, when doing autoquests in Erion, you can use the "where" command to tell you what room of an area a mob is in. Usually using this command plus oscan and scan commands I found quests and expeditions more possible in Erion, although these days in Erion, quest eq has been removed and the main reason to do autoquests is either to save up and buy a player home token, or to buy extra trains.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : karate25 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : LivingForGod1991 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector