Re: Creating a code free RPG using Sable(video 14), by Ebon Sky Studios

Yeah, I know about assigning invisible keys to bosses. The quest for recruiting Samantha, the female lead, was one such. In that case the invisible key was that you rescued her daughter after she'd wandered off into some woods northwest of town and wound up in a den of wolves. Surviving that battle netted you the invisible key for rescuing her daughter, which would then allow her to join you. And I agree, invisible keys and locked dialogue seemed like the best way to go about setting things up. So Samantha might have some generic lines related to the fact that Luke was leaving on a journey, then once you recruited Nerik the Dwarf, that would be the key to trigger her asking you for help. The same thing would be true for the County Commissioner. She might have some generic dialogue, then once you had both Samantha and Nerik in your party she'd ask you to clear out the cave, which in turn would yield the key for killing the boss. I also like the fact that we can now create custom classes, since while Luke would be your typical Mage, my idea for Samantha is that she'd be something of a Sage, one who could ultimately use both Mage and Cleric magic.