Re: Paladin of the Sky, new full length audio game RPG

First off, I had a lot of fun playing through the game demo. The whole setup was refreshing. I love how you can wander about the different game areas freely to find items, solve puzzles, etc.

However, It isn't quite a finished game. It feels like a very well executed test run. Something you should pay five or ten bucks for, just to show the developer that you really like his stuff.

I'd gladly pay $30 for this game if it had more sound depth. Different walking sounds for where you happen to be, some basic voice acting, and a slightly polished story. Then replace the current sounds for wall navigation with something a little less intrusive. Make it sound like a PS1 or 2 RPG, rather than a game boy color.

The developer hit on an amazing idea with the timed dragon scroll events. However, rather than having a single beep that you hit a key in sink with, how about having, say, 4 keys that each do something different.For example,  W could be a charging u p sound, e a swirling vortex sound, R another style of charging sound, and T the sound of something bursting into flames. Then, when you get a new spell it could play the sequence of sounds in an epic spell sequence. Magic charging up, a vortex swirling, then flames bursting out. Follow that by a custom spell impact sound and it changes the experience entirely.

This would mean having multiple buttons involved in casting a spell, so you could increase the time available to hit the keys, but make the patterns slightly more complex. I do enjoy the current difficulty of casting dragon strikes. They aren't hard, but if you get over eager you can screw up.

Anyway.

With the above changes, I think it would rocket this game out of the area of 'fun', and  land it among the great games that we remember and pass on years from now. I know it was mentioned in the read me that more sound work would be done if the developer made some money. So I hope enough peo ple enjoy the game as it is to buy it. If the developer agreed to bulk up the game and release a version 2.0, using the money we pay to enhance it, I'd buy the game  now. I really want to see what could happen with some more hours sunk into this project.

It's a good game. it could be an amazing one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : joshms123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sean-Terry01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kamochek via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : superb via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trajectory via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : The_DMan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : roro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : seal via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stewie via Audiogames-reflector