I've got a problem with OBS

Hello all.
I was trying to record a Resident Evil 7 video yesterday, when I discovered a rather sizable problem with OBS. When I had rapped up the video, I turned NVDA back on, tabbed over to the OBS window, and ticked the box labelled, stop recording. Normally, this would end the video, the stop recording check box would be replaced with the start recording option, the video would be saved on my PC, and everything would be fine and going smoothly. Yet, for some ungodly reason, OBS felt like being a little pain in the bum yesterday, cause when I ticked the option to stop recording, it, instead of stopping the recording, was instead swapped out for a brand new tick box labelled, stopping recording. I had never seen this option come up before, so I just waited for a bit, then when I saw that nothing was happening, I ticked it. This caused the start recording option to come back up, and I assumed that everything had gone smoothly. Yet, when I went to watch the video I had just recorded, I discovered that OBS had only recorded around a third of the actual episode. As such my one hour video was chopped down to only around 15 to 20 minutes, and was completely unusable.
I’m not sure what might be the problem, weather it’s something having to do with my setup, the program itself, or if I should just wait for a longer amount of time. For reference, I’m using a USB microphone, and a wireless per of Bluetooth headphones to record the video, and I’ve also downloaded the latest update for OBS. If anybody has any suggestions on what might be screwing this over, I’d highly appreciate it if you could post. Thanks in advance.