Re: In the midst of rage, we found a place in the cosmos.

I don't belong in America, then!  I'm out of here!  Oh, snap!  Save for that whole citizenship thing... AAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh!
Nah, I can get behind some of that, but again, it all depends on how you look at it.  I thought it was boring too, until I realized that one thing leads to another which leads to another which leads to another.  In real life, there isn't really such a thing as a real shortcut unless you're going around and collectively stomping all over people's toes and getting through life on their hard work.  If you look at it as pointless activities which teach you nothing about anything, then yeah, it's pretty stupidly boring.  If, on the other hand, you actually look at it from the perspective that one thing may teach you a little something else along the way which you can some how continue using and it all leads up to you being a pilot, then it becomes a bit more interesting.  Nightshade and I really got into pollution reparation and had a wonderful morning together before she took the kids to a doctor's appointment.  Taking a break from house cleaning right now to write this short post; have you ever dealt with a bunch of kids who refuse point blank to clean up their messes?  Maybe Dardar can code something for that particular annoyance?  I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of cleaning here... Clean the highchair, clean the floor around the highchair, clean the table, clean the chairs, clean the floor, vacuum the floor, do the dishes, do the laundry, change a diaper, and then there's more meses incoming, and then I'm all at it all over again, and that's not even talking about anything other than the living room, dining room and kitchen area... I haven't gotten into their playroom and their bedrooms.  I went on a rampage two days ago and tossed out a lot of old toys they're just, not taking care of.
Anyway, that went waaaaaay off topic real quick!  The point here is that 21 and 22 were right and we enjoyed pollution reparation quite a lot and plan to do more of it later.  I still think, however that in regard to how some activities are just a little more enjoyable than others, that is how it should be.  I don't believe any two people should equally enjoy any one activity.  Nightshade and I are similar enough that we enjoy most of the ones we've already done; we liked cleaning, volcano harvesting, pollution reparation and animal taming, which is not really an activity but it's something we liked doing.  ON the other hand, she liked hunting more than I did... I liked handmining more than she did.  She didn't want to try ore extraction or whatever that other low level activity is called because you can die, and dying is not ok as far as she's concerned.  I, on the other hand, wanted to try it, but out of respect for her and her not wanting me to die, I didn't.
There's more; she likes shoppping... I find it a load of trivial time wasting.  She goes after vending machines and homy decorations... I just want the newest latest greatest gizmo available to me provided it has a purpose.  The stupid thing is?  More often than not I have to agree with her way of doing things.  she's right more often than I give her credit for.  that vending machine saved me from going hungry and thirsty out in the middle of nowhere.